Cheesecake: Check!

One of my favorite kinds of dessert happens to be a blueberry cheesecake. And since it was Valentine's Day and our dad's birthday over the weekend, my sister and I finally attempted to bake this kind of cake (once on Saturday, for her to give to her SO; a second time yesterday, for our dad's birthday dinner).

Surprisingly, it was really easy! I can't believe I never attempted to make it before.

(This recipe was taken from the Internet. My sister was the one who found it, and since she only sent me screenshots of sections of the pages she looked at, I don't have the proper source. Apologies to the owner of this recipe; should you come across this post, kindly let me know so I can properly cite you. I reworded the recipe below based on the sequence of our baking process.)

Ingredients:

1¼ cups crushed graham crackers
2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
1 can of condensed milk
 cup butter
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
3 eggs
Toppings of your choice (blueberry, strawberry, etc.)


Directions:

1) Preheat your oven to 300ยบ.

2) In one bowl, combine the crushed grahams, butter, and sugar.



3) In another bowl, mix the cream cheese first, then fold in the eggs, condensed milk, and lemon juice.


4) Line your spring form pan and place the grahams mix as your base. Make sure that every part of the pan is covered.


5) Pour in the cream cheese mixture on top of the grahams base.


6) Place it in the oven for 50-55 minutes.

7) Remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool for an hour.

8) Place it in the refrigerator for it to set for about 2 hours.

9) Place your toppings of choice (blueberry, strawberry, etc.; ours came from a pastry filling pack) on top of the cream cheese mixture.

10) Place it back in the refrigerator for another hour before serving.

Voila!

Hope this recipe encourages you to try making your own cheesecake! Next on my list are strawberry cheesecake as well as turtle cheesecake.

P.S. Apologies for the low quality of these photos. The only gadget that happened to be near the kitchen while I was baking was my old iPhone 4, which I used to take these.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 15, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “Cheesecake: Check!”

  1. The best cream cheese to use for a cheesecake is Philadelphia but they're rarely available.:( But yayyy for you finally baking one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over here, they're pretty much readily available, but since this was our second cheesecake attempt in two days, I had to look for a cheaper alternative. Hahahaha! We used Philadelphia for the first one. This one had a similar taste. Was happy with the outcome. :D

      And yes, FINALLY! It was about time!

      Delete