Now Baking: Noona's Kitchen

Hi, world!


Sorry for the absence of posts (especially "Foodie Fridays", which I wanted to do regularly) the past few weeks. But something's been cooking — or, to be more accurate grammatically — baking lately.

And it's this.



My mom just launched her food business in time for the Holidays!

A bit of a background: in the 90's, my mom was involved with various food ventures. She partnered with some friends, and later on, started a cookie business. She had stalls in malls and in school cafeterias. In fact, some of my friends and even the older alumnae of my high school remember her cookies.

However, she gave up the cookie business and pulled out of the malls and cafeterias she was selling in, and went back to working full-time in the academe. This went on for the last 15 or so years.

Now that she has retired, though, she decided to bring back her first love, and this is being in the kitchen.

My mom, Sonia Araneta, was cooking and baking ever since she was practically in diapers (unlike me; I only started a little over two years ago) and has pretty much gotten both disciplines down to a science and an art form. As unbiased as can be, given that I'm her daughter, I'd have to say that she is one of the best cooks/bakers I know of, and she's been one of the biggest motivations for me to get cooking.

This is why I'd like to encourage you all to support her latest endeavor, Noona's Kitchen!

(And by so doing, you are also supporting my semi-reviving interest in photography and feeble attempts at "design" work!)

The name of her business comes from my two-year-old nephew (her grandson), who calls her "Noona" instead of "Nonna" (Italian for "grandmother"). She is currently accepting orders for the Holiday season for both desserts:


Noona's Kitchen's Classic Dark Fruitcake (PhP 650) is moist, laden with fruits, raisins, and nuts, and aged for a month and a half. It's definitely not your usual-slash-store-bought fruitcake that usually just gets re-gifted for Christmas. Fruitcake lovers will not be disappointed!


Meanwhile, her Signature Apple Pie (PhP 750) is 9" of apple, cinnamon, and French Crumble Topping goodness. This was a recipe developed through the years, and a love for pie making that began when my mom was just 12 years old — long before the notion of MasterChef Juniors ever existed.


Hopefully, things will really take off these next two months. And I'm quite excited to see what will happen beyond December 2016.

For orders or queries, you may send us a message at Noona's Kitchen's Facebook page, or check out our Instagram page.

For those who've already ordered and love our food (truly hoping that you do!), I would really love it if you could leave a review on our Facebook page. Or if you take a photo of your order, kindly tag us at @noonaskitchenph, or use the hashtag #noonaskitchenph.

Stay tuned for future offerings, and thanks for all the love!

This entry was posted on Monday, November 14, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply